Precision Agriculture Specialist
𝙀𝙭𝙘𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙧 𝙊𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙮
𝘔𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘗𝘰𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘈𝘷𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦: 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙗𝙮, 𝙂𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝘾𝙞𝙩𝙮 & 𝙎𝙪𝙗𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙚, 𝙆𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙖𝙨
PRECISION AG SPECIALIST
A Precision Ag Specialist is a unique role that helps the customer connect with service and sales relating to precision agriculture to assist them in becoming more informed and efficient in their operations.
Job Type: Full-time
To be successful in this role, one must provide consulting services, expertise, and training for the sale and support of solutions enabled by the John Deere Precision Ag strategy and other aligned technology and applications. Ensures ongoing Precision Ag mainstreaming and works with all dealership departments to sell and support precision farming products and services
- Develops and executes precision agricultural agendas to ensure ongoing mainstreaming across all departments at the dealership.
- Assists in leading the organization in the area of John Deere and 3rd party precision agricultural products
- Coordinates execution of the dealerships John Deere strategy (Machine and Logistics Optimization, and Ag Decision Support/Service).
- Attends dealership sales meetings to give regular updates on status of marketing plans, product changes, order program status and/or customer issues.
- Works regularly with salesmen to develop potential client improvements per specific farming operation.
- Stays current with John Deere Precision Agricultural product line changes. Serves as the central point in the business to manage complexity and improve efficiency of salesmen by allowing them to focus on other product lines specifically.
- Promotes and supports myjohndeere.com, utilizing wireless data and data management within the Operation Center.
CLINICS / TRAINING:
- Develops and delivers employee and customer training for John Deere data/technology solutions and advanced precision farming options.
- Assists and promotes 3rd party training/support for American Integration products.
- Manages AMS training credits/attendance for all of dealership. Re-delivers necessary technical training to technicians. Re-delivers sales training to salesmen.
- Delivers all AMS product to customers and provides initial one-on-one training.
- Provides technical assistance for machine-down issues like identifying “root cause” of customer issues and identifying failed components.
- Provides “Follow-up After the Sale” for all AMS components.
- Develops/Organizes a "Users’ group" for customers to get together, share info and best practices, and a time for the dealer to provide "mass" training to users.
- 3 - 5+ years’ experience in a Precision Agricultural role
- Education and experience in Agronomy knowledge
- Dealership sales, service, training, or other related work experience preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Integrated Solutions, Data Management (IT) and wireless communication systems.
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and Internet functions.
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to operate with a solutions approach and identify existing/emerging customer’s needs.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to store/customer locations within seasonal peak times.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
- Extended periods of sitting, standing, walking, bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching overhead. Must be able to regularly lift up to 75 lbs. without assistance. Position also requires grasping with both hands, pushing and pulling, working around moving machinery, driving a vehicle, extensive hours on a computer, hearing normal tones, speaking, and seeing.